Alturas International Academy is a public charter school open to any student regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, social or economic status and/or special needs.
Each year Alturas has a limited number of seats available for new students. If the capacity of the school is insufficient to enroll all prospective students, a lottery shall be utilized to determine which prospective students will be admitted to Alturas. Alturas International Academy will follow Idaho Code 33-5205. We hold an annual lottery where names are randomly drawn, openings are filled, then those not offered a seat are placed in order on a waiting list (waitlists do not carry over year to year).
Our annual lottery is held on the first Friday of April and is for students entering kindergarten through 8th grade. Every year online applications for the lottery will be accepted from mid-January until March 31. Offers of enrollment for the next school year will be made following the lottery.
- Detailed Lottery Information
- All potential students wishing to enroll in Alturas International Academy must complete a lottery application. Applications may be completed using the online application form. Applications must be submitted to Alturas International Academy by March 31 11:59 pm. The lottery is held on the first Friday of April.
- Applications received after the deadline will be added to the bottom of the final selection list for the appropriate grade. Prospective students will be placed in priority groups as follows:
- First Priority - Students returning to Alturas International Academy.
- Second Priority - Children of full-time employees, children of the Founders, provided that this admission preference is not more than ten percent (10%) of the capacity.
- Third Priority - Siblings of students already enrolled or selected by the lottery.
- Fourth Priority - Prospective students who reside within District 91, District 93, or Shelley District 60.
- Fifth Priority - Prospective students who reside outside of District 91, District 93, Shelley District 60
Offers of enrollment will be made via e-mail within 3 days of the lottery (please make sure to check your spam/junk email folders). *Acceptance must be made to the school by the date posted on the offer. If no response is received by the date posted, the seat is forfeited and the child’s name is removed.
*This timeline may be shortened to 24 hours between August 15 and September 15.
- Apply for This School Year
- 2019-20 Wait List Application* (Kindergarten through 8th Grade) *One application per child.
- Alturas opens online lottery applications for the next school year in mid-January through March 31. Students must be 5 years old as of September 1, 2019, to enter Kindergarten and 6 years old as of September 1, 2019, to enter 1st Grade per Idaho Code 33-201.
- Online applications submitted will receive an email confirmation. We will accept lottery applications through March 31, 11:59 pm and we will conduct the lottery on the first Friday of April. Applications received after the deadline will be added to the bottom of the final selection list for the appropriate grade. School tours were offered from mid-January through March.
- This School Year's Waitlist (2019-2020)
- 2019-20 Wait List as of May 1, 2019 (The waitlist DOES NOT carry over to next school year)
- Special Education and 504 Services
- Alturas International Academy, District 495, offers free of charge, special education and 504 services to those students who meet federal and state requirements. All information regarding a student's ability level is confidential and protected through the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). If you have questions about the programs and referral process, please contact the school office.